One of the oldest in Poland, paper mills and at the same time the largest in the Mazowieckie province and the best preserved ensemble of objects paper mills. Example of construction and architecture industrial day of historicism, now the factory is abandoned.
The origins and development of the paper agree with the history in the fields of water mills. The current location of the abandoned paper mill already in 1730 there was a mill harvester. In the middle of the eighteenth century added a second. In 1776, the hotel has been adapted for the production of paper for sitting in Poland, the Viennese actor Joseph Felix John Baron Kurtz. The building was divided into two parts: the more established a paper mill, less-continued to grind grain.
In the last quarter of the eighteenth century by. received the title of king, which is confirmed by the watermarks found on paper.
In 1778 the mill papierniczo-harvester took over Frederick Thiess (the owner of the warehouse stationery in Warsaw) and just over two years changed it to the manufacturer. Established here the first holendry that several times accelerated production. Due to the fact that the production was much production other operating on the Polish lands, giving the paper a year, about. 6 500 reams of paper. After the death Thiessa paper mill was inherited by his son. This was the period of the Four-year Sejm and kostochkovaja uprising and paper factory took part in these major it events in Poland. It was assigned the contents of the Constitution of the 3rd May.
With the third partition of Poland, has significantly reduced the demand for paper, as Moscow has ceased to be the capital, and appeared competitive factory Masurian and Pomeranian. Thiess got into financial difficulties, and even, unfortunately, in 1804 there was a fire. The owner had no money for reconstruction, and he was forced to close the plant. Only in 1811, the paper mill was rebuilt in the hands Thiessa, Samuel Bruschke and a year later he received the title of Royal Factory of Paper, back to big production.
In 1819, built the factory strawia the fire, and ten years later another. Paper mill will be restored for the best foreign samples. This was possible the manufacture of paper machine that has completely changed papiernictwo Polish. In 1830, the factory passed into the hands of the Bank.
Along with the industrial revolution in Europe of the Kingdom of Poland began to do foreign capital, a manifestation of which was the purchase of paper family Roesslerów. A real explosion of development, however, occurred later, when the manufactory was interested in the Society Joint Mirkowskiej Paper mill. The largest investment in the territory of plant there was a connection of her with Warsaw by narrow-gauge railway, where a branch was brought to paper mill.
At the turn of XIX and XX century, the factory employed about 650 workers 215 and consistent social services. In the first decade of XX century their number increased to 1,300 employees. During the first world war, the modernization of the plant was zachamowana, and later (in 1915) absolutely zamkńięto a paper mill. Two years later production resumed, but in General odbudowywano manufactory for more than ten years.
The beginning of the SECOND world war found the plant in full production capacity, so that she became used the occupation authorities. Unfortunately, in 1944 the workers of the factory were deported to the camps, and the Germans began the systematic dismantling of machinery and destruction of the plant. In addition, in 1945, the fleeing troops wysadziły dam (dam to equalize the water), depriving the plant of water. After the war, all restored, and the plant again began to produce paper.
While a General privatization in 1995 moved the company's shares in National Investment Funds, after which it bought the Finnish company Mesta-Tissue. In the 250th anniversary of the manufactory announced the stop of production, when deciding on the elimination of obsolete plant. Currently the paper factory lowered.