Abandoned factory come from created in 1923 by the State factory of Gunpowder and Materials Buckets. Thanks to her small appearance in the nearest village just a few years turned into a city.
The decision on construction of enterprises producing gunpowder, materials and crushers made in 1922, Minister of foreign war General Casimir Sosnkowskiego, working in close cooperation with the Minister of Industry and Trade. The state Factory of Powder and Materials, the Buckets had to be an integral part of the industrial complex, creating conditions for the army, reorganizowanej after several years of heroic struggle for the boundaries of independence.
In 1932, the factory employs more than 2 000 people. At the same time, construction began on the Plant of Plastic Masses will be changed and company name at the State Factory of Powder. Five years later began manufacturing pionkitu (explosives for the manufacture of drugs, cannonballs). The plant produces three times more drugs than all the state factories of France, taken together, works in it 3542.
During the war the label take hitlerowscy invaders and reactivit the production of drugs for the needs of the German army, forced the hiring of residents of the city and its environs. In 1944, the occupiers carried out the evacuation of the plant, carrying with it in Germany, the majority of machinery and equipment.
In 1946 occurs rewindykacja of machinery and equipment with the city Gőwlen in Germany. The team, consisting of seven former employees of the Studio with the help of the Office for reconstruction and Reparations in Berlin, had brought back the machines and equipment taken by the Germans at the end of the war. A year later, the stakes begin to work in new ways. Will also started manufacturing products for the civil sector, as, for example, vinyl records.
In 2000, rates declare bankruptcy. About 1,500 workers to lose jobs, remaining unemployed. Since then, the plants are abandoned.