Abandoned factories , mechanical known with production, mainly of agricultural tractors. The beginning of the existence of the plant dates back to 1893. For more than a century of history producing tractors, tanks, buses, cars or motorcycles.
Was 1893. Three engineers (Louis (Faisal), Casimir Matecki, Konstantin schönfeld), together with four businessmen (Stanislaw Rostkowski, Alexander Radzikowski, Carl Strassburger and Louis Fijałkowski) decided to create in Warsaw a venture called the Society of Equity Fabyki Special Fittings. They took the money out of savings posagowych of his seven daughters. Director of the new enterprise was Louis (Faisal) and the plants started to produce rebar for food, sugar, gorzelniczego, fire hydrants or valves of Central heating, etc. On each manufactured item wybijali marking "P7P", which means "Dowry 7 Virgins". The plant is constantly releasing their products until 1939.
At the same time, namely in 1902, all the shareholders took a decision to expand the plant. This made possible the expansion of the product range for internal combustion engines.
It is worth adding that the above-mentioned "Quo Vadis" had in those years (1895-1896) printed in sections using the Newspaper Warsaw Poland. Of course, by the way, the old trademark was replaced with the new, where in a stylized gear three letters encrypted word "URSUS".
In 1910 the factory moved to another place, and except the present production was created and a wide range of internal combustion engines (the first was a two-stroke, jednocylindrowy engine with a capacity of five horsepower). Three years later, in 1913, the factory was in full swing and became the largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines in the Polish Kingdom and their only supplier in the Empire of Russia. By the time of the first world war there were about 6,000 motors from 5 to 450 KILOMETERS.
In 1915 the Russian army retreating from Poland has destroyed one of the plants of factory and brought her car in Russia. Despite the vast destruction the plant was quickly restored after the war continued to produce internal combustion engines. In 1916-1918 years, under the leadership of Professor Casimir Taylor (Polish designer) was an attempt to create the first Polish tractor. The job one prototype.
In 1930, the company Ursus was acquired by Bank of National Economy and has been included for Government agencies, Engineering Enterprises, and its production was established on the needs of the army. At that time the plant was even visited by President Ignacy Mościcki. The factory shop was made minutes. armored cars, trucks, tractors, armored cars, motorcycles Sokol, aircraft engines or tanks.
During the SECOND world war the Germans set up factories rate of production and repair of tanks and pumps airlines. In the buildings of the plant, the Germans and their Russian collaborators masse shot civilians. Historians estimate that the August 5, shot in the head was killed in this place from 6 000 to 7 500 Poles. In the end, in 1944, they were taken from the factory all the equipment together with part of the crew to Olav, Kaczanowa, Streitu and Wroclaw, and then mined the whole of its territory and obsadzili military posts. After the war began to protect the remnants of the survivors of the plant, minutes. pulling off part of her former crew. Managed to recover approx. 80% of the plant's equipment.
In 1946, the authorities took the decision to start in the workshops of production of agricultural tractors. Then the group of designers of the Warsaw Polytechnic Institute under the direction of Professor Edward Habicha created documentation of the first tractor called Ursus C-45. The tractor had jednocylindrowy two-stroke engine with a capacity of 45 KM. The first tractor came with a mounting strip in 1947 right on the parade 1-Majową as "the gift of the worker and the engineer on the 1st of May for his brother man," as preached by the inscription on the banner.
In the 90s, those Ursus struggled with huge debts. The plant was repeatedly restrukturyzowany and divided into small companies, which are not able to provide competitive prices, bankrutowały. Currently, the vast majority of the old buildings of the plant is omitted.