Built in the second half of the XVIII century. Often visited here Jozef Wybicki, author of Polish national anthem - the national Anthem of Poland.
The Church was built by Prince Gustav von Curland Birona in the years 1901-1902 by the architect Arnold Hartmana. After the war, in 1945, a detachment of militia blew up the door leading to the basement in search of the pitiful remnants of the Nazi army that thieves and vandals began to pillage and destroy the temple.
This is one of the oldest existing in Poland Evangelical churches, was completed in 1749 at the request of the present king of Prussia, Frederick II.
The outer facade of the building was made from the bark of the cork oak tree, which was brought all the way from Portugal. This is probably one of the two objects of this type in Europe.