Bective Abbey was founded in 1147, however, the majority of the remaining ruins date back to the FIFTEENTH century. Abandoned Abbey located on the banks of the river Boyne in County Meath.
The Abbey was the second Cistercian monastery in Ireland and was founded after the success of the first, in Mellifont. It was one of the main offices of the monastery in the country, and its Abbot sat in the Parliament of the Pile. In addition, Hugh de Lacy (Lord of the County of Meath, fourth Baron Lacy, he died July 25, 1186) was buried there before he was transferred from Dublin.
The monastery was closed after the pressures of Henry VIII Tudor (king of England and Ireland, died on 28 January 1547) was converted to the street and handed over to officials of the civil service a reward for faithful work.