The largest abandoned Jewish cemetery in Podlasie (in Polesie), was founded around 1890. One of the largest Jewish cemeteries in Poland.
This is the only fully preserved of the abandoned Jewish cemetery in the area. On an area of over 12 hectares, there are about 6 thousand tombstones. The oldest of them dates back to 1876. The tombstones are made of marble, granite, limestone and Sandstone. The inscriptions were written in the languages of Hebrew, Yiddish, Polish, German and Russian. Near the main entrance retains many ornate matsev (Heb. מַצֵּבָה macewa – Jewish headstone, often in the form of a vertically installed, rectangular stone slabs or wooden). Here also was built before the SECOND world war monument dedicated to the victims of the pogrom committed by the Russians in 1906. This is a black stone monument, on which is written the names of the victims of the pogrom.
Before the SECOND world war the cemetery was enclosed by a stone tiled wall and gave him three gates. Here you can find a funeral home and house of the gravedigger. In 1943 the cemetery was the property of the Jewish community in 1966, was purchased through the Treasury. July 17, 1973 it was announced its closure, and since this is an abandoned place.