Already in the XI century, was a wooden castle built during the reign of Boleslaw the Bold or władysław Herman, who was the chief administrative centre of the Principality of Chersky. The current Gothic castle was built in the late XIV century.
The oldest human traces on the territory of the hill and the surrounding area come to 2 000 years. In those days it was possible to find a cemetery popielicowy. The oldest settlement, which you found here, between the VI and VIII century. Later ceased to exist, and up to the IX-X century there was no trace of the man. Then, however, again came to the village, built houses, so-called słupowe. Around the hill was built the walled city, which existed more than 100 years.
In the XIV century by Prince Janusz Mazowiecki And ordered to demolish the old and wyniszczony urban landscape and decided to build a brick castle. The construction lasted 22 years and lasted from 1388 to 1410. It was one of the main residences of the Prince in the castle died in late 1429. In 1526 the castle became the property of the Royal family when obszat was annexed to the Kingdom of Poland. In 1547 zamkem doing Queen bona, which gave the whole construction yard on a stone.
In 1656, during the Swedish deluge the castle was very badly damaged. After the battle of Cooking, where the Swedes suffered a defeat against Stefan Czarnieckiemu, their troops retreated, captured the castle and much of it completely destroyed. One hundred years later, in 1762, the elder czarski, Marshal of the great Hetman Francis Bilinski began to repair the castle, but after the third partition of Poland the territory came into the possession of Prussia, which partially destroyed the castle walls.
This was his end, and since this place was abandoned. In addition, during the first world war in 1915, the castle was damaged during the fighting of the Russo - German.