Castle Kmitów Lubomirski, one of the most valuable in Poland works wczesnobarokowej architecture rezydencjonalno-defense. The oldest part of the castle was built in the XIV century.
First, the oldest part of the fortress was built in the XIV century the genus Kmitów. In the XVI century, the most famous of them, Peter V (the great Marshal of the crown at the court of Sigismund the Old), gave him the traits of the Renaissance style. Following the modernization of the castle occurred in the years 1615-1621 in the times of stanisław Lubomirski (the architect was Eugene Trapola). Later rebuilding occurred in 1700. Unfortunately, in 1831, the castle was completely burned, which was abandoned for another 120 years. Only in 1949, the fortress has undergone a complete renovation.
The castle has fragments of the early Baroque was to the Renaissance. Was built in the shape of a quadrangle with an inner courtyard, which is crowned with four towers. Here is (in the North-Eastern part), the chapel of 1621. In another part of the castle you can find the so-called Kmitówkę - detached building from the XVI century. On the second floor of the castle is an observation deck.
In the interior we can find a Baroque portals, window frames or scenery murals. The Palace is surrounded by fortifications bastionowymi about pięciobocznym narysie (early XVII century), together with wczesnobarokową entrance gate.